Saturday, August 2, 2008

Summer Happenings

I think I could write a short novel of all the things that I have thought about posting on here this summer...but I will try and keep it brief:
  • I will be teaching at St. Thomas More HS in Champaign-very excited about the opportunity and to start my "adult life"-coaching positions to be determined
  • Coldplay-"Viva La Vida"- very different from their previous CD's, but also very good-each song seems to have it's own style
  • Weezer "Red Album" again another quality effort put out by Rivers and the boys highlighted by "Pork and Beans, Greatest Man that Ever Lived," and my favorite "Troublemaker"; the whole album seems to remind me of the Blue Album!
  • The Cardinals still keep doing it somehow-4 games out of the Central and tied for the Wild-Card lead with the Brewers; Getting Carpenter back is a huge boost and once Wainwright comes back (hopefully just as effective before he went on the DL)
  • Today's workout: Circuit One: Pull-ups, One-Leg Deadlift w/10 lb. Medicine Ball, One-Arm DB Row, DB Swing, and One-Legged Hungarian Squats. Circuit Two: Lunges w/ 10 lb. Medicine Ball, Bench Press, Close-Grip BP, Chin-Ups, and DB Curls. ABS-1 min. plank, 30 sec side plank-Matthew (little brother) and I have been hitting it pretty hard this summer.
  • I believe I could live w/ just two channels: ESPN (well all the ESPN Channels and BIG 10 to watch Illini football and basketball) and FOOD Network-they have some interesting shows and a great way to spice (get it) and liven up my food!-Buffalo Burgers are quite tasty especially mixed with: Cumin, Chile Powder, Seasoned Salt (For Grilling) and a little Honey Mustard.
  • Speaking of Illini Basketball it is a little sad to see the latest happenings with G Jamar Smith...but on the other hand the Illini get another verbal for the 2010 class-the future looks bright and hopefully filled with Final Fours and that elusive National Championship.
  • Lastly, here is a nice article I came across about D-Will and Dee Brown, it looks like Dee has made it on with the Wizards for the year, which is great to hear and see the former Illini in a NBA Uniform once again!

No comments: