Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I need more sun!

Sunday November 18
Sunday morning I woke up and went to Mass at a little church about 4 miles from the resort. After I got back it was time for breakfast and then I walked down aways from the resort to a small shopping center. Then it was fun in the sun! I ran on the beach-not the smartest idea, as I tore the back of my toes up a little-then went in the ocean before we had practice. Practice was at a small High School gym in Lahaina and was very hot; Jay Bilas and Bill Raftery were at practice which would benefit the managers greatly! After practice we went to a banquet for all the teams, families, and boosters which was cool. All the coaches of the teams talked and it was an enjoyable time. After the banquet we had team meeting and then it was bedtime!

Monday November 19
Woke up around 7:15 and then worked out until breakfast at 9:30. We had shootaround at 12 and then had pregame meal around 2:30. After that I went outside for a bit to lay out and catch up on my reading. We left around 5:15 before our game at 6:30 against the Arizona St. Sun Devils. The Illini came out firing goin up 20-0 before they scored. They came back a little bit and at halftime we only had a 14 point lead, but blew it open and finished em off to win by 23. Brian Randle and Rodney Alexander had 17 points and the whole team played well and it was a good win-BRING ON DUKE! Towards the end of the game Jay Bilas was giving the managers some props at practice when we were being loud and making noise, trying to make it a game like atmosphere for the guys. He must have liked it and talked about us on ESPN! That's pretty sweet if you ask me. Also, MJ was there sporting the Orange Illini Polo shirt-saweeet and you can bet he will want the Illini to beat Duke tonight just as bad as anyone else! After the game it was back to the hotel for team meal and meeting and then bedtime!

No comments: