Monday, April 6, 2009

Baseball 2009

"Starter or not, Freese is ready for opening-day jitters."Something's wrong with you if you don't get those," he said.Ask the reigning league MVP."I always say there are three times that I get nervous in my career," first baseman Albert Pujols said. "One, is my first at-bat of spring training. Two, is my first at-bat opening day. And third is my first at-bat of the playoffs. If you don't have any pressure and you don't feel like you have that pressure, you aren't ready for the game." "

It's officially opening day (although the Braves did beat the Phillies last night) for Major League Baseball and here are my "expert" predictions.


AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Indians
AL West: Angels
AL Wild Card: Rays
AL MVP: Grady Sizemore or Josh Hamilton
AL Cy Young: CC Sabathia

NL East: NY Mets
NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: Dodgers
NL Wild Card: Phillies
NL MVP: Albert Pujols (David Wright 2nd)
NL Cy Young: Jake Peavy

World Series: Mets over the Rays

Listening to Mike and Mike this morning, I like Greeny picking the Cardinals to win the NL Central and Golic's pick for AL MVP and CY Young...

I know I drink the Cardinal Kool-Aid, but I still don't think enough people are giving them credit especially picking the Brewers to finish ahead of them-who do they have for pitching? If Carpenter stays healthy (I know that is a big if) and Wainwright gives them 30 starts-watch out small bears from the North Side.

NCAA National Championship Prediction: UNC 74 MSU 68

I would love to see MSU win though, I just think UNC will overmatch the Spartans. Tom Izzo is definitely top 3 coaches in the country.

No comments: