Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Piece(s) of Advice

21 Big Lessons from Little Kids

"3. Asking questions is how you figure things out. Lots and lots of questions.
4. An older, wiser Gordie Lachance says in Stand By Me, "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12." Lachance is right. The trick is to try to be the friend you were when you were 12: fun-loving and loyal, with no strings attached.
5. Playing is work. Approach your downtime with all the seriousness of a 5-year-old with a secret treasure map.
6. Real guys don't dip their toes in the water. They jump right in."

Just Be Yourself: "I have a gymnasium philosophy. Everybody's been in a gym. You look to the right, you see somebody in better shape. Look to your left, you see somebody who's dying to be in your shape. So you have to be happy in our life and know you can always go either direction. It's up to you."

Keeping it Real: Authenticity You Can't Fake It:

"Regardless of what I'm doing, I want to be authentic. That is a real key to success in every walk of life. If you're authentic, people pick up on that, they appreciate that. They're drawn to authenticity...I want people to know my flaws and weaknesses, know that I'm not perfect. I don't want to preach from the pulpit. I want them to know the real person." Mark Schlereth



No comments: